"Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us." James 1:27



Saturday, August 14, 2010

Blessings

I decided to do another yard sale this weekend as our shed was so full of things from our last yard sale in June that you couldn't even walk in it (my husband loved that!) I HATE having yard sales. But this isn't about me, it's about saving a little guy from Ethiopia so I would do whatever it takes to bring him home. On Thursday morning  however I woke up with a majorly stiff neck. I could not turn my head to the left AT ALL. I was babysitting that day and was trying to bake goodies to sell as well, so organizing for the yard sale became out of the question. Oh and I was trying to get the house picked up for our first home study on Friday at 1pm. So I was going to have a yard sale in the morning then go have lunch and get ready for the lady to show up. (I know, I do this kind of crazy thing ALL THE TIME! How much can I cram into one day?? My husband loves it ;)) So God saw my dilemma and had our home study lady call me and cancel our appt for Friday. Now normally I would be stressed out because I like everything to be done NOW, but I was so relieved she probably wondered why she could hear me smiling over the phone. So that was a huge blessing. J had insisted I not do the yard sale this weekend and as much as I am a submissive wife I knew he'd be around Friday to help out if needed :)
So I've sold my last yard, however we still have lots of clothes left so one of my dear friends is going to help me sort and list the clothes on ebay. We also had a lot of "stuff" left over as well, so dear friend's hubby loaded up his truck and took it to Salvation Army for me. He chatted with the guy that worked there and told him where the stuff had come from and what we had been doing the yard sale for. So the guy asked dear friend's hubby how much he thought it was all worth. He said about $1400!! And the guy said, "OK". So we got a receipt for that much which we'll be able to claim on taxes!! Sooo exciting!! We also got to meet some great people from church, one of which is a notary and will notarize ALL of our documents for the paper chase for FREE!!! What an enormous blessing that is!! For those of you that don't know, the paper chase as it's called (I would call of it more a hunt through the Maine woods, in the snow, in below zero temps, with sandals on) is a gathering of 8 million documents that each require a notarization and 3 photo copies. We need letters of reference, birth certificates, marriage certificate, passport copies, physicals. ALL notarized. I am looking at everything we need and would quit except this a human life we're talking about and it will be more than worth it. I love this little guy already and don't even know who he is or what he looks like-but he's our son and he's somewhere in Ethiopia right now. Isn't that awesome?!  Anyways this paper chase takes appx. 4-6 months to complete but I have some amazing friends that have gone through the process and are excited about helping me do it. (They're nuts). The people we've met since we started this process only a month ago are such a huge blessing already. Their willingness to support, help, etc is priceless. I am so touched by these people I really can't describe it. The family of God is amazing. We serve a very real, powerful God who knows just the right people to put into your life at just the right times.

No comments:

Post a Comment